Realistically, most African countries are poor and depended on Western countries to survive. Many African countries have oceans and plenty of sun to at least take care of their energy needs. These countries do not and will not manufacture solar panels, windmills and other renewable energy equipment.
Outside of depending on such governments to meet their needs, what is the optimum means of tapping into the ever present supplies of wind, solar, and water to generate needed energy at affordable price? Should Africa Sustainable Energy work with Africans in the Diaspora to spear-head this mission? If so, what will it take to:
1) Provide reasonable loans and ensuring proper use
2) Get governmental permission without interference in private project work
3) Negotiate and sell resultant energy to local utility companies for distribution
4) Provide means to ensure self-sustenance after project completion
5) Manage key operational aspects remotely?
6) Locate reliable “Africa Diaspora” stakeholders to get ball rolling in their native countries